Mac is a great device for people who want to do their work quickly without facing any kind of complicated issues. There are many people who prefer this device due to its simple and easy working process. But sometimes even the best devices face problems and it does not become easy for a person to identify that what went wrong with it.
If you are using a Mac device and facing some issues with it then there are many troubleshooting steps given below which will be helpful for you. If you are facing any kind of issue even after following the troubleshooting steps given below then contact an experienced person for help.
Why can’t i drag and drop on my mac
If you are unable to drag and drop files or anything on your Mac device then follow some steps given below for troubleshooting.
First of all, make sure that the iPhoto is not open because it completely blocks the ability to drag and drop anything on Mac device. So close the iPhoto from the dock if it’s opened on your device.
Then you have to click on Finder, then go for Preferences and then in General tab. Under the “When performing a search” option select “Show all windows” instead of iPhoto.
Now start dragging the files or folders but make sure that you are not moving them over iPhoto window or it will block your ability to drag and drop.
Now after completing the process release your cursor and then immediately press Command+Option+Z in order to undo the changes that were made by you with this process. If you do not press this combination of keys then undoing will not work properly.
Macbook pro keeps crashing
If your computer keeps on crashing every time you try to use it then there are chances that some issue has occurred with the hard drive of your device. To solve this problem follow some troubleshooting steps given below:
- Back up all the files present in your Mac device because once your hard drive starts malfunctioning it will not be possible to recover the data present on it.
- Turn OFF your computer and then disconnect all the cables attached to it, remove battery pack as well if you are using a MacBook device.
- Now press power button for 5 seconds in order to discharge any remaining electric charge present inside your laptop’s motherboard.
- Now start your device by using the power adapter only then attach battery pack to it after 10 minutes.
- Shut down your laptop again and then detach all wires attached to it. Remove the battery as well if you are using a MacBook device.
- Now keep pressed power button for 5 seconds in order to discharge any remaining electric charge present inside your laptop’s motherboard.
- Now after 5 seconds attach battery pack to it and then start the device by using the power adapter only.
- After starting the device go for verifying that all ports of your hard drive are properly working or not, if not then you have to end up buying a new hard drive for replacing it. If everything is fine with your hard drive ports then go for reinstalling the operating system on your device.
- Now start transferring all data present on your old hard drive to a new and working one and make sure that no software or hardware is attached to both of those drives.
- Now attach the power adapter only to your laptop and then turn it on.
- Make sure that you are attaching only the drives to your laptop which are working properly.
- Now go for creating a fresh system back up on your hard drive and then try using it normally without facing any kind of issues.
If you follow these steps carefully then this will certainly solve all problems related to crashing error of your device.
Unable to open any kind of application
If you are unable to even open any kind of application present in your Mac device then this might be due to damaged preferences file.
These are some simple troubleshooting tips on Mac which might help you to get rid of annoying problems faced by beginners or those who are new to this operating system. You can also take the support of a professional technician for solving these issues if you do not have enough knowledge about how it works. So follow the above steps and solve all issues related to Mac.